Tuesday, 30 November 2010
Well this year sees me creating a huge handmade Christmas. Due to my current job situation (and therefore lack of pennies!), alongside my revival of the love of craft this year I've been getting my creative brain in action and thinking of ideas which were also cheap for me to produce.
So far I have completed the handmade Christmas cards as above and also these hot chocolate pots - just add all the ingredients to hot milk and stir with the candy cane! (Ingredients: Hot chocolate powder, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, mini candy cane).
I have some more idea's up my sleeve yet, plus there is always the gifts that have to be bought - unfortunately for some people handmade doesn't always suit (console games etc!).
I may also dig into the brooch supply also for some of my female friends. These can also be found in my Folksy shop.
So what handmade gifts will you be giving this year?
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
It's Nearly Christmas!...
So Christmas is almost upon us, and so I felt that this week would be perfect timing to showcase some craft work a little different to my regular features. This week I am featuring some of my favourite Christmas decorations direct from Folksy - and ALL of them are at affordable prices too! Just click an item to go direct to it on Folksy. Enjoy!
|Christmas Decorations £15.00 by Alex McQuade|
|Wooden Christmas Decorations £1.50 by Me and Ma|
|Pair of Christmas Tree Decorations £9.00 by Pants and Paper|
|Father Christmas £6.00 by Diomo Glass|
|Ceramic Christmas Trees, Set of 6 £15.00 by Handmade Ceramic Decorations|
|Christmas Mini Stocking Decorations £4.99 by Oh You Pretty Things|
|Christmas Tree Decorations £8.00 by Justine Ellis|
So if your looking for handmade gifts this year or to decorate your own home with handmade items this year, this really does show that Folksy is the place to look!
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
My Girl Thursday...
For no reason at all, I don't tend to follow many American tweeters, however My Girl Thursday is one of the few I do. Run by Chantilly McKinnon (but prefers to be called Thursday), following the birth of her daughter earlier this year, Thursday has been working hard on her craft products, with recent additions including the resin belt buckles and the printed totes. I absolutely love the way she photographs her products and adds text, and adore how the belt buckles each have names, so cute!
So here for your enjoyment....
|Reversible Apron $40.00|
|Black and White Scarf $18.00|
|Greta - Doll Face Resin Belt Buckle $25.00|
|Sewing Machine Tote $25.00|
You can find Thursday on Twitter as My Girl Thursday, at her Etsy shop, or at her blog. Now go and enjoy people!
Monday, 15 November 2010
Recently I have been having problems with my elbow, and the Dr recently diagnosed me as having Golfers Elbow (similar to Tennis Elbow). And so in my boredom of trying to rest it I stumbled across this little game. Thinking that you don't really know much about me, I thought this might shed some light on things!
- Sweet or Savoury? Sweet - I have an incredible sweet tooth. Like, really, really bad.
- Dresses or Jeans? Both. Jeans in day-to-day life, dresses to go out in.
- House or Apartment? House. I used to live in a flat, and I now really appreciate having a garden!
- Shop Online or Offline? Both again! I prefer to shop in person and see and feel an item, but then I often hunt down a cheaper version online!
- DVDs or Downloads? Downloads. Something I didn't know how to do until I was with Matt,
- Cocktails or Juice? Depends when! Daily - juice. Out for the night - cocktails!
- Chocolate or Strawberry? hmmmm, tough choice. The real stuff - chocolate. Flavoured products - strawberry.
- Laptop or PC? Laptop.
- Magazines or Newspapers? Magazines
- Facebook or Twitter? I'm addicted to both!
- Cd's or MP3s? MP3's when I bother to listen to music. Usually its just the radio.
- Kids or Pets? Currently I have no kids and 2 cats (Phoenix and Rosie). But I hope kids are on the cards within the next few years.
- Macaroon or Cupcakes? Cupcakes please!
- Walk or Run? Walk - my body wasn't built for running!
- Breakfast in Bed or Breakfast Out? Breakfast in bed. I am a cereal addict. Kellogg's Crunchy Nut to be honest. Every day. Every single day.
- Market or Supermarket? Usually the supermarket, but if I had the choice it would be the market. We just don't have one close by.
- Sourdough or Grainy? We talking about bread?
- Heels or Flats? Flats. I love heels so much, and have many a pretty pair. But I just can't walk in them.
- Late nights or Not? Every night. We're both such night owls. If I had the choice we'd both stay up til 2am and stay in bed til lunch time!
- Coffee or Tea? Neither. I have never liked either of them, however I do drink hot chocolate. My Dad once bet me £100 that I would be drinking tea by the end of my first year of university. He lost.
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
I am VERY excited waiting for the postman as last night I ordered this little beauty from Joe Currey at Josie-Mary, its going to look so cute in my hair this winter!
Although I have been following Joe for some time on Twitter, recently I have started to take much more of an interest in crochet, and have been trying to teach myself. Trying being the operative word. Its a learning curve shall we say! Joe however is fantastic at crochet, making items ranging from teddy bears, to ear warmers, to chokers and hair accessories - and the above hair clip is winging its way to me as I write! Yay!
Josie has recently set up her Folksy shop, and seeing (or should I say reading?) her excitement at her sales is lovely, so I would like to showcase some of her items. But keep your paws off my polka dot hair clip, OK?!
|Brown and Mint Knitted Tea Cosy - £15.00|
|Cath Kidston Button Badges - £2.00|
|Crochet Birdie Brooch - £6.00|
|Mauve Crocheted Hair Slide - £3.00|
You can find Joe on Twitter as JosieMary, at her Folksy shop and at her Facebook page. I hope that you appreciate Joe's lovely and beautiful creations, and find yourself or someone else a lovely gift this Christmas.
Tuesday, 2 November 2010
A Thrifty Mrs...
Following my recent fabulous thrifty findings, I thought this week I would stray from crafty crushes, over to a blog by the lovely Thrifty. I shall simply start by saying 'If you don't follow this blog already then start....NOW!'
Thrifty is an Irish girl living over in these currently cold, wet & windy condition of England and is currently a news editor. For years she has been living the 'thrifty' lifestyle, and so her blog talks about her everyday life, to her thrifty finds, to giving readers tips for a thriftier life.
Here are some of my favourite posts (click on the post name to go straight to it):
|Can I Ask You A Strange Question?|
So I really hope that you start following A Thrifty Mrs it really is a great read! You can find Thrifty on Twitter and at her blog. Enjoy!